Wednesday, September 19, 2012

(Bad) Peanut and Purls!


I devoted lots of time to my current knitting project in the last week, which is a good thing since I needed something to distract me from the worst cat in Olympia...

Please direct your attention to exhibit A:



This is a succulent. One of three potted succulents that sit in a window in our bedroom. This is the third time in as many days that she has knocked it over. I guess I should know better by now, but I don't understand how she goes all year without knocking these over and then three nights in a row around 5:00 a.m. she decides to bat it off the shelf.
Wait, I know why: she's bad all the time!



And when she's not bad, she's getting lots of rest so that she has enough energy to be bad again.
As a nice (and calming) distraction, I busted out the #21 Lace Shawl from Vogue.
(P.S. you can follow me on Ravelry--My username is NicolaiC.)


The wrap (it sounds "younger" than shawl) was knitting up nicely, and then I realized I was almost out of yarn. I still had to complete a picot bind off, something I have never done before but could tell uses a lot of yarn. I stopped by Olympia's yarn shop, Canvas Works, only to find out that they didn't have any in stock. They're placing an order and I should have the final necessary skein in a week. 


I wonder if Peanut can go a week without being bad...


Nope.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, good thing she makes up for being bad by being so cute! At least she doesn't abuse your knitting. I have to hide my projects from my cats, otherwise I find them dragged around the house. And plants are also problematic. The things we put up with from our creatures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The things we put up with indeed! Yeah, she's usually pretty good with not getting in my projects, but sometimes she likes to attack the knitting needles.
      Thanks for the comment!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...