Thursday, August 9, 2012

Juno. Gold. Omaha. Utah. Sword.



When Dawn was visiting, we discovered that we had oh-so-many things in common. One unexpected delight was
 that we both have an extreme love of miniatures. So, when Dawn suggested we buy a large bag of toy soldiers
 I was not only supportive, I was giddy.

Just so happens we decided to head to the beach to play war. Thus leading to a post which bears the code names of
the beaches of Normandy as a title. Also, it reminds me of We Have Always Lived in the Castle: Melody. Gloucester. Pegasus. If you haven't read that book yet, you should. It's not about WWII--I may have created that misdirection. Anyway, you can learn more about it on Christine's post highlighted above (which by the way really cracks her up).




I don't know if I was the Allies or the Axis.








Oh, I was definitely the Allies. Leave it up to the Germans to bring a Raptor to a gun fight. Such a German thing to do.

3 comments:

  1. AHAHA SO COOL! I teach history and need to find a way to incorporate this awesomeness into a lesson :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We had such a blast, never really playing war before I found it hard to come up with my initial strategy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...