Friday, April 6, 2012

mushaboom

Amanita muscaria


Agaricus augustus

Amanita pantherina

Coprinellus micaceus


Yep, the mushroom rattle project has finally come to an end. All that's left is to pack them up and ship them off to Gretchen in Arkansas. I hope she enjoys her little bouquet of mushroom rattles--I certainly enjoyed making them. If you're interested in learning a bit more about each type of mushroom (or my feelings on spores), just click the captions below the mushroom pictures. And if you'd like to learn a lot more, seek out a copy of Mushrooms of the Pacific Northwest. This book was my go-to guide for mushroom inspiration...other than the woods, of course.



So long, little fungi. May your future days be filled with soft and squishy baby hands!

11 comments:

  1. These are darling! I bet they'll be well-received and well-loved :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love these mushrooms! Do you have a site where you sell things?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have anything like that up yet, but we would be very open to making custom orders on things. Just let us know!

      Delete
  3. First off, whoa, super impressive, I think you did an amazing job! Oh, and your nails look cute!

    Second, I found you through Fly Anyways and am your newest follower so I thought I'd say hi :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdy, Jess! Thanks so much for kind words. We get waaay excited whenever someone leaves a comment, says 'hello', or starts to follows us. We're nerds that way...very appreciative nerds. So, we're definitely glad you introduced yourself!

      Delete
    2. Oh, I can promise you that I am also super nerdy...but in the cat lady knitting kind of way, so possibly even worse!

      Delete
    3. Rest assured, no nerd is better than a cat lady knitting nerd.

      Delete
  4. HI!
    These are so precious and beautiful. I would love to get these made for my nephew. How would I go about submitting a custom order? Please email me at ttolone@hotmail.com
    thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, thanks! I'll send you an email. :)

      Delete
  5. Hi! I see that there hasn't been a comment since 2013, but I saw these mushroom rattles on Pinterest and fell in love! My husband is a fungi freak and he will have to have one for our baby boy coming in May. How can I get information on placing a custom order? (If you still make these). Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...