Friday, April 6, 2012

Amanita pantherina


Well, I've reached the end of the custom mushroom rattle project for Gretchen. It's been fun, and I like to think I've learned a little something about various forest floor dwellers. According to my trusty Mushrooms of the Pacific Northwest, early spring is the perfect time of year to find the Amanita pantherina. Featuring "conspicuous whitish warts and patches on the cap"(Um, gross. It looks cute, but never has anyone read the words "conspicuous whitish warts" with pleasure.), this Amanita is yet another non-consumable mushroom. POISONOUS. I mean, you can consume Amanita pantherina if, for instance, you're interested in its psychoactive properties; however, in no way am I suggesting that you do so. Please believe that I do not want you to experiment with mushrooms...unless that experiment involves a really tremendous wild mushroom soup and you absolutely know what you're doing. 




Four down...and project complete! 

Interested in the other felted mushroom rattles?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...